Who Can Benefit?
What Yoga can do for you:
- The physical benefits: Creates a toned, flexible, and strong body. Improves respiration, energy, and vitality. Helps to maintain a balanced metabolism. Promotes cardio and circulatory health. Relieves pain. Helps you look and feel younger than your age. Improves your athletic performance.
- The mental benefits: Helps you relax and handle stressful situations more easily. Teaches you how to quiet the mind so you can focus your energy where you want it to go - into a difficult Yoga pose, on the tennis court or boxing ring, or in the office. Encourages positive thinking and self-acceptance.
- The spiritual benefits: Builds awareness of your body, your feelings, the world around you, the needs of others. Promotes a connection between mind, body, and spirit. Helps you live the concept of "oneness."
Everyone can benefit from Yoga. But how do you know when you should seek out private instruction?
Ask yourself: Are you…
- new to Yoga, and you need help to get started?
- an athlete, wanting to begin a Yoga practice to enhance your favorite sport? (Yoga will compliment all other activities in your life!)
- so busy you cannot find time to attend a scheduled class at a Yoga studio?
- easily distracted or do you feel competitive or intimidated in a group class?
- at a plateau in your Yoga practice, and feeling the need for individual attention to progress?
- tend to like smaller classes because of the increased personal attention you receive?
- simply wanting to gift yourself a deeply nourishing Yoga lesson?
These are some of the instances where private Yoga lessons could be the difference you've been looking for. But you don't need a reason beyond the simple desire to practice Yoga as it was originally practiced: as a personal and unique experience for your body and mind.